The fact that peanuts are not Paleo makes me extremely sad. I came to Paleo with a love affair of peanuts, and a distinct hatred of most other nuts. I could stand them in foods, but eating them raw, no thanks. My taste buds have changed thankfully, but I still love peanuts. I want peanuts!
Back then I also loved butter, my go to peanut butter cookie recipe called for 2 sticks of butter, that is a lot of butter y'all. They were heavenly. Sometimes I feel like butter doesn't work well in Paleo baking recipes. Ah well, I'll just eat it with a spoon. These peanut, err, almond, butter cookies are pretty delish, if I do say so myself. The key is to let them chill in the fridge for a bit, don't skip that step or they will spread out a bit too much. They still taste good, but I like thicker PB cookies.
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl combine almond butter, honey, egg, and baking soda
- Add palm sugar and coconut flour and mix well
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drop spoon size amount of dough onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet, flatten slightly with a fork
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges just start getting dark