I must admit that I’m not a banana fan. It’s just one food I just can’t make myself enjoy; however, my husband more than makes up for my distaste with his LOVE of all things banana. This recipe is definitely one to be added to the rotation in his book. These muffins are easy, fast, and make for a delicious grab-and-go treat anytime of day.
A lot of times Paleo baked goods cost so much to make because they use expensive flours, but this recipe is a rare treat because it only uses a little coconut flour. I love recipes that are easy to make and easy on the budget! Plus you can freeze these, so make a ton for the kids and pull them out for breakfast or snacks on the go for sports season.
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil, almond oil, or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 small, ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, oil of choice, honey, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well. *I chose to use coconut oil for this recipe. I have also found that baked goods with coconut oil taste even better when stored in the refrigerator. These muffins were no exception according to my husband!
- Add coconut flour and mix until lump free. *Can be done by hand or with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas until creamy. *I find slightly over ripened bananas work best, but you can use fresh as well.
- Mix bananas into the other mixture.
- Line muffin pan with liners or grease with additional oil. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full for fluffiest muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.