It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, this breakfast burger delivers. It’s perfect for burgers you have leftover from a cookout, or just the odd pound of ground beef or turkey you have laying around.
I’ve never been a big fan of cooked yolks, I like the runny part and I like them in hard boiled eggs, but in regular old eggs, I do not eat the yolk. On the breakfast burger though, it tastes amazing.
Top it with fresh bruschetta, salsa, or some avocado to kick it up a notch.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 4 + 1 eggs
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- ½ cup ground sausage
- 2-3 sun dried tomatoes, cut into very small pieces
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Combine beef/turkey with 1 egg, sun dried tomatoes, almond meal, garlic and basil, form into 4 burger patties.
- Cook bacon if not already done, drain and set aside.
- In skillet, cook burger patties 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Set on plates.
- Fry sausage in skillet, top burgers with sausage, then top with bacon.
- Fry 4 eggs, one at a time and place on top of burgers.