I cannot believe the Superbowl is already here! Luckily we are attending parties this year rather than throwing one, but it's still nice to have something to bring, or to devour before heading out so we aren't tempted with all of the crazy grain filled offerings. These little appetizers are perfect for parties, but we also have them as sides for dinner every now and then because they are just so freaking delicious.
I've included a primal and a Paleo option, both are fantastic. I like to call the Paleo option "pork on pork violence," it makes dinner more fun! Sausage combined with bacon, yea, I can get behind that. Really there is no limit to what you can stuff into a pepper and then wrap it in bacon, it hardly seems like enough to call it a recipe, but just in case you are feeling challenged in the kitchen this week, here you go!
- 1 lb mini sweet peppers
- ½ lb ground sausage - Paleo option
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened - Primal option
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 lb bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For the Paleo option, brown the sausage in a skillet with the chives and cilantro
- For the Primal option, mix the cream cheese with the chives and cilantro
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds
- Stuff the peppers with sausage or cream cheese - or get crazy and use both!
- Slice the package of bacon in half
- In a deep baking dish, wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon and then lay in the dish in a single layer
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is desired crispness