Leaves are starting to turn and soon will be falling, football season is ramping up, and that can only mean 1 thing….Fall is right around the corner. We’ve still got our fair share of 90+ degree days here in Tennessee before it will officially feel like Fall, but I love this time of year. Here’s a roundup of 19 Paleo treats revolving around one of the Fall’s most notorious fruits, the apple.
APPLE DESSERTS/SWEET TREATS
In our house, dessert is always on our minds, so of course we are starting there!
- Simple Crockpot Apple Pumpkin Butter – I mean who can say no to apples and pumpkins?
- Paleo Apple Pie Parfaits – It’s an apple pie in a jar! Yes please!
- Paleo Apple Cider Donut Holes
- Inverted Paleo Apple Pie – *NOTE: These contain flaxseeds, which for some with autoimmune issues can be a problem. I’m going to try substituting the flaxseed for ground almonds or additional pecans.
- Paleo Apple Pie Smoothie
- Apple Pie Chips
- Civilized Caveman’s Apple Cinnamon Cookies
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Noodles - *Use coconut sugar for a Paleo approved treat
- Apple Coconut Pudding
- Paleo Apple Crisp - From our favorite childhood recipes
SAVORY APPLE DISHES
Apples aren’t just for sweet treats, they can be delicious in savory dishes as well. Here’s a roundup of 8 of my favorites to try this Fall.
- Sweet Potato, Apple and Pancetta (or Bacon) Hash
- Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples – I’ve made this for dinner several times and it is oh so yummy!
- 3 Ingredient Apple Juice Chicken
- Apple and Butternut Squash Pulled Pork Casserole -- *The raisins are a take it or leave it ingredient.
- Crockpot Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato
- Ham, Apple, and Sweet Potato Scramble
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples -- *Trust me. Try brussel sprouts, even if you haven’t had them since being a kid. They are so delicious when roasted and have a sweet flavor.
- Easy Sweet Potato Apple Turkey Chili -- *Swap out the regular skim milk called for with coconut milk or almond milk for a 100% Paleo friendly chili recipe.